Viscosity is the resistance provided between the layers of the fluid-like whenever fluid is flowing, that resistance comes into contact. Viscosity is nothing but the measurement of that resistant.
kinematic viscosity is defined as the ratio of dynamic viscosity to the mass density of a fluid. Mathematically, kinematic viscosity is denoted by the Greek letter Mu, and this is given by mass density or simply density which is Rho. Kinematic density is used to define the flow in a pipe.
Kinematic Viscosity Bath or Kinematic Viscosity apparatus is the device that measures the Viscosity of Transparent and Opaque Liquids, and it also does the Calculation of Dynamic Viscosity. This bath is used to test the kinematic viscosity of liquid petroleum products (Newton liquid). Kinematic Viscosity Bath manufacturer India produces more devices to export.
How is a kinematic viscosity determined?
The steady-state of the flow of a liquid can be visualized to consist of a series of parallel layers moving one above the other. Fluids avoid the relative motion of focused objects through them as well as the motion of these layers with different velocities within them due to internal friction.
Consider two layers of a Liquid separated by a distance d and moving with a relative velocity V, then force per unit area (F) required to maintain the speed is given by,
F is equal to the ratio of velocity v to the distance d multiplied by Nita, where nita is called the viscosity coefficient and is constant for a liquid. If d = 1 cm and v= 1 cm/s, then n = F.
Hence, the viscosity coefficient is defined as the force per unit area required to maintain the momentum of one unit in the fluid layers, which are a unit distance apart.
When the viscosity is measured directly by measuring the force, it is known as absolute or dynamic viscosity and is expressed in centipoises.
In lubricating oils, it is more common to express viscosity as Kinematic viscosity, where kinematic is equal to the ratio of absolute viscosity to the dynamic viscosity.
- Rated voltage: AC220V +16% 5012
- Heating power: 2000W
- Temperature controls: Digital display temperature control
- Sensors: FC1CO
- Temperature accuracy: 40.01 C
- Stirring: Motor stirring
- Bath holes: Four
- Suction adjustment: Potentiometer adjust
- Printer: Thermosensitive printer
Functions and Compositions
- Surge flask
- Circulating water connector
- Viscometer Clamp
- Thermometer socket and vertical hammer
- Touch screen
- Digital display
- temperature control
- LED connector
- Electro vibe connector
- Mixing meter connector
- Heating device connecter
- Power line connector
- Fuse installation position
- Sensor connecter
- Pressure adjustment
- Heating switch
- Spring switch
- Power switch
- Time display 1
- Connecter of remote control
- Vertical bubble level
- Universal viscometer holder
- Rubber ball
- Viscometer and
- Connect the temperature sensor circuit.
- Connect the power line.
- Connect the circuit of LED, electro valve, stirring motor, and heating wire.
- Take the bath lid off and pour water into the bath until it immerses half of the upper parts of the viscometer ball.
- Please choose the suitable thermometer according to the test temperature and set it in the socket on the lid.
- Set the viscometer holder in every hole on the lid all at once.
Test operation demo
- Turn the power on, and the apparatus turns to the booting state.
- Set the bath temperature at 40=0.01 C.
- Turn the stirring switch and heating switch on.
- Connect the remote-control box.
- Set the vertical bubble level.
- Put the sample into a clean liquid flask.
- Choose the suitable viscometer according to the sample. Viscometer requires a verification certificate, and it is supposed to be in warranty.
- Invert the viscometer when loading the sample, and put one nozzle of the viscometer into the beaker.
- Stop another nozzle of the viscometer by finger.
- Suck the sample to marked line b with the rubber hall.
- When the liquid surface flows to marked line b, the user should take out the viscometer immediately.
- Wipe the spare sample outside the tube.
- Fix the viscometer with a sample on the viscometer holder.
- Press the black button of the viscometer holder by the right hand when setting the viscometer to loosen the holder.
- Put the viscometer into the corresponding hole with your left hand.
- Immerse the installed viscometer into the thermostatic water bath of 40 0.01 C. and keep it vertical.
- The time of the viscometer in the water bath depends on the test temperature.
- Connect the rubber pipe of the surge flask.
- Click Start Test, find the corresponding channel of the surge flask, input the viscometer constant and click Confirm.
- Click the upper mark of the remote-control box, and the apparatus starts to suck oil. When the sample exceeds the marked line a, click the mark again, it stops sucking.
- Adjust the pressure of the surge flask.
- When the surface flows to marked line a., press the Start button.
- When the surface flows to marked line b, press the Stop button.
- Click T1 to get the test time of this test.
Print the test results
Finish the later three tests in the same way.
Click Print after four tests print the test results.
Click Back to get back to the main menu and turn History.
The page of the apparatus has History A and History B. Check the results according to the actual needs.
Click Clear and Yes to clear the history data. Click Back to get back to the main menu.
Turn the power off after the test.
Click Clear and Yes to clear the history data.
Click Back to get back to the main menu.
After the test
- Fill in the test report according to the printed results.
- Judge the reliability of the results in terms of precise rules.
- Clean the testing viscometer.
- It is supposed to empty the bath if the apparatus isn’t used for a long time after the test.
5.Maintain the apparatus clean and keep it in good condition after the test.
Thus, a kinematic Viscosity bath is an apparatus or device used to measure the amount of viscosity present in any oil. Kinematic Viscosity bath manufacturer India ensures that you can operate it only if you know how it works.