The South Korean television programme True Beauty (Korean) features the acting talents of Moon Ga-young, Cha Eun-woo, Hwang In-youp, and Park Yoo-na. Based on Yaongyi’s Line Webtoon of the same name, it tells the story of a high school student who, after experiencing bullying and discrimination because she was thought to be ugly, learns how to use makeup to turn herself into a stunning “goddess.”     From December 9, 2020 to February 4, 2021, it was broadcast on tvN every Wednesday and Thursday at 22:30. (KST). 
Im Ju-kyung (Moon Ga-young), a high school student in her 18s, has an inferiority complex about her appearance and is frequently ridiculed by her peers and her family because she is thought to be unattractive. She spends hours online studying makeup instructional videos as she begins to learn how to apply makeup. Her makeover proves to be transformative as she swiftly climbs to prominence and her peers refer to her as a “goddess” after she perfects the art just before transferring to her new school.   
Ju-kyung still thinks she is ugly despite her newfound fame, and she fears that her peers will notice her true appearance. This sadly comes true when Lee Su-ho (Cha Eun-woo), a dashingly attractive, well-liked, and mysterious classmate, who she has previously bumped into with her bare face a few occasions, recognises her despite her makeup.  Su-ho is very well liked by the female students at his school, yet he dislikes being the focus of attention all the time and is frequently perceived as aloof and chilly.
- As Lim Ju-kyung, Moon Ga-young 
- As a young Ju-kyung, Lee Go-eun
Having experienced bullying from her peers and constant discrimination from her family at her previous school because she was thought to be ugly, a new student of Class 2–5 recently transferred to Saebom High School. She learns to wear makeup by binge-watching tutorial videos on the Internet, and her makeover proves to be transformative as she quickly rises to fame and her peers at the new school refer to her as a “goddess,” unaware of her true appearance. Heavy metal music and reading horror comic books are Ju-two kyung’s favourite pastimes.
- As Lee Su-ho, Cha Eun-woo
- As a young Su-ho, Lee Seung-woo
A Saebom High School student in classes 2–5, he is well known for his good looks and being at the top of his class. He has become an icy-cold boy who despises being the focus of attention as a result of his dysfunctional family and a tragic event that occurred a year ago. He used to be Seo-closest jun’s friend. Su-ho enjoys the same horror comics as Ju-kyung.
- As Han Seo-jun, Hwang In-youp
Seo-jun, a Saebom High School student in Classes 2–5, is a gorgeous and well-liked student who, although having a rough exterior, is a kind, caring, and tender person, especially to his mother and sister.He was once Su-best ho’s friend and a previous idol trainee, but a sad event a year ago caused him to give up on becoming a famous idol and rupture his friendship with Su-ho, to whom he has since grown quite hostile.
- As Kang Su-jin, Park Yoo-na
A Saebom High School student in classes 2 through 5, she becomes good friends with the transferee Ju-kyung and was Su-childhood ho’s friend. Despite being a brilliant student, she suffers from mental scars as a result of her parents’ insistence that she do well in school and from always being compared to Su-ho.
Lim Ju-kyung’s family
- As Hong Hyun-sook, Jang Hye-jin
Wife and mother of Hee-kyung, Ju-kyung, and Ju-young of Lim Jae-pil. She is the matriarch of the Lim family and the proprietor of the well-liked among senior women Pandora beauty salon.
- Lim Jae-pil is played by Park Ho-san
Husband and father to Hee-kyung, Ju-kyung, and Ju-young of Hong Hyun-sook. He suffers a large financial loss due to a dubious investment, forcing the family to return to their previous home.
- As Lim Hee-kyung, Im Se-mi
- Young Hee-kyung played by Park Seo-kyung (Ep. 1)
The family adores Ju-older kyung’s sister because she is so attractive and smart. She falls in love with Han Joon-woo, Ju-homeroom kyung’s teacher, while working at Move Entertainment.
The family of Lee Su-ho
- As Lee Joo-heon, Jung Joon-ho
Father of Su-ho; He is a well-known actor and the CEO of Move Entertainment. After his wife passed away, he moved quickly to locate a new spouse, much to Su-displeasure. ho’s
The family of Han Seo-jun
- As Han Go-woon, Yeo Joo-ha
a high school student; Seo-younger jun’s sister. She gets bullied by her peers despite having a beautiful singing voice since they think she is ugly. After Ju-kyung protects her from bullies, they become friends.
- As Lee Mi-hyang, Park Hyun-jung
Friend of Ju-mother kyung’s Hyun-sook; mother of Seo-jun and Go-woon. She has a condition that calls for a kidney transplant.
Kang Su-jin’s family
- As Kang Jun-hyuk, Seo Sang-won
Father of Su-jin; professor and head physician of a medical school. He abuses Su-jin physically and mentally while teaching her to be competitive.
- As Kim Ji-yeon, Yoo Dam-yeon
Mother of Su-jin. She initially took her husband’s assault passively. divorces him later and departs from Korea with Su-jin.
Saebom High School
- Han Joon-portrayer woo’s Oh Eui-shik Literature instructor and homeroom teacher at Saebom High School. He develops feelings for Hee-kyung.
- As Choi Soo-ah, Kang Min-ah a Saebom High School student in Classes 2–5, the best friend and classmate of Ju-kyung and Su-jin, and Tae-girlfriend. hoon’s
- Yoo Tae-hoon is played by Lee Il-junko.
- Soo-lover, ah’s a Saebom High School student in Classes 2–5. Tae-hoon frequently looks for Su-approval ho’s before befriending him.
- As Ahn Hyun-gyu, Lee Sang-jin
- a Saebom High School pupil in Classes 2 through 5.
- As Ha Ji-young, Han Yi-young
- a Saebom High School pupil in Classes 2 through 5.
- As Kim Cho-rong, Lee Woo-je
- a friend of Seo-jun and a student at Saebom High School.
- Kim Si-hyun is Kim Hyun-ji.
- a Saebom High School pupil.
- In the role of Jin Hee-jeong, Kim Myung-ji
Yongpa High School
- Lee Sung-yong is played by Shin Jae-hwi
- an undergraduate at Yongpa High School. He is a bully and was once friends with Seo-jun.
- As Park Sae-mi, Jeon Hye-won
- a Yongpa High School pupil. An attractive popular girl who bullied Ju-kyung before she transferred to Saebom High School.
- Joo Hye-min as Oh Yoo-jin
- Yongpa High School student who, as a result of severe bullying, later transfers to Saebom High School.
- Park Ji-hee, played by Seo Hye-won
- A acquaintance of Park Sae-mi who attends Yongpa High School.
- Wang Ja is portrayed by Im Hyun-sung.
the proprietor of Ju-kyung, Su-favorite ho’s comic book shop, Prince Comics.
- Columbus Park by Park Young-soo
the person who connives to defraud Ju-father kyung’s of his money.
- Wang Hyun-bin, played by Lee Tae-ri (20) (Ep. 1)
- Yongpa High School’s canteen’s attractive dietician, on whom Ju-kyung developed a crush.
- Ok Joo-ri as a resident of the area (Ep. 1)
- As a resident of the neighbourhood, Cha Young-ok (Ep. 1–2)
- As Su-housekeeper, ho’s Lee Jae-eun (Ep. 3)
- Song Hoon teaching history (Ep. 3)
- I have Uhm Tae-yoon as a client (Ep. 3)
serving as Joo-assistant heon’s Kim Jeong-hak (Ep. 3)
- As a man at the convenience shop, Jang Young-hyun (Ep. 3)
- As a guy at the convenience shop, Moon Hak-jin [ko] (Ep. 3)
- Woo Hyun serving as the campground’s manager (Ep. 8)
- Kim Jae-wook [ko] performs as the reenactment MC Jaerong. (Ep. 8)
- As the leader of fictitious bullies, Jung Ye-nok (Ep. 9)
- As Min Jae-joon, Lee Han-wi (Ep. 13)
an aesthetic surgeon.
- Oh Nam-joo, played by Kim Young-dae (Ep. 15)
- Ju-kyung encounters a stranger at Namsan Tower and misidentifies him as Su-ho.
- Chae-ni, played by Lim Da-young (Ep. 15–16)
a famous person managed by Move Entertainment.